Leading high street bookseller WH Smith has join forces with Canadian retailer Kobo to the Kobo e-book readers that provide access to more than 2.2 million e-books.
WH Smith will offer two Kobo e-book readers, viz. the Wi-Fi enabled Kobo Wireless eReader and Kobo eReader Touch, which costs £89.99 and £109.99 respectively.
E-book retailer Kobo on Monday introduced its new touch-sensitive e-ink reader, called the Kobo eReader Touch Edition, which will retail for around $130.
The loss-making bookseller Borders Group Inc. is venturing into the digital-book arena by backing a new e-reader, ‘Kobo’, which costs nearly 40 percent less that the expensive market-leading e-readers – the Amazon Kindle and the Barnes and Noble Nook.
Good News USA
- AT&T closes its $1.2 billion acquisition of Leap Wireless
- Verizon announces new AllSet prepaid plans with rollover feature
- AT&T selects two trial locations to transition landline customers away from copper wire line
- Vodafone Foundation launches Instant Network Mini ‘mobile network in a backpack’
- Brunswick and South Morang phone and Internet users being urged to switch to NBN