In a move which will promote higher-quality content on the News Feeds of Facebook users, the social network has revealed in an earlier-this-week announcement that it is tweaking the News Feed algorithm so that high-quality news stories get more weight.
During the course of a Thursday interview with AllThingsD, Facebook's Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg said that reports of the social network being 'on the outs' among teenagers have been greatly exaggerated.
Social network Facebook has revealed in a recent announcement that its 5-star rating system for Pages - an option which is presently available through the Facebook mobile apps - is being expanded to desktop. The company also said that the function is scheduled for a global rollout in the coming weeks.
According to a Wall Street Journal (WSJ) report, Canada-based struggling device maker BlackBerry has been in talks with social network Facebook about a possible acquisition.
Social network Facebook said in an announcement made on Tuesday that it has overhauled its standalone Messenger app; and added that the availability of the updated app will initially be limited to the Android platform.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki